The mohawk is a symbol of the mighty Native American tribe, the Iroquois. It is also a symbol of revolution in punk rock subculture. Every brain tumor patient enters a personal battle with a horrible disease that they are unprepared to fight. Hawktober is a revolutionary new campaign to rally support for people battling a brain tumor.
There are three choices to take when facing a brain tumor:
- dive – succumb to the disease
- survive – weather the storm of an intimidating diagnosis
- thrive – become proactive in the fight against this disease through supporting research and promoting awareness
I have been hit pretty hard by brain tumors, but I chose to thrive. I lost my identity as: a former athlete, physical therapist, and independent young adult. More troubling is the fact that I’ve lost many new friends to brain tumors. This makes me very angry. Rock Da Hawk in Hawtober is a way to fight back against the disease that took away so much from me personally. In the past 6 years, I have lost almost everything, picked myself up, recreated myself, and have dedicated my life to “kicking mAss”!
Hawktober is an awareness and support campaign designed to bring more attention to the unique issues faced by brain tumor patients. Please join me in fighting these horrible diseases by:
- creating your own fundraising page,
- donating your head for the month of october with a mohawk,
- taking a picture with your hawk and use it as your profile picture here on Stay Classy, facebook, google+, twitter
- making a dontation, and
- forwarding this page to your personal contacts.
*here is a collection of men, women, and children that “Rock da Hawk” with style!
Together we can go on the offensive and fight these horrible diseases. ARE YOU READY TO JOIN THE MOVEMENT!!! AWARENESS IS ONLY THE FIRST STEP IN THE WAR ON BRAIN TUMORS!
CLICK HERE TO CREATE YOUR OWN TEAM AND ROCK A HAWK TO SUPPORT BRAIN TUMOR PATIENTS THROUGH MASS KICKERS FOUNDATION!
*COME CELEBRATE LIFE WITH ME ON 10-25 @SEAU’S THE RESTAURANT. IF YOU CAN’T MAKE IT, PLEASE CONSIDER A DONATION TO SUPPORT ME THROUGH MASS KICKERS FOUNDATION