- in high school i was a champion athlete with aspirations to wrestle in college.
- in college i discovered my filipino-american roots, joined an asian american fraternity, and joined an a capella singing group.
- i went to grad school and i became a book nerd.
- after grad school, i became a CA licensed physical therapist and a certified strength and conditioning specialist.
- i then became a young adult brain tumor patient/survivor.
- 2 years later, i became an author traveling the country speaking at health care education programs and hospitals.
- 3 years later, i became a nonprofit executive.
- i now travel the WORLD spreading the concept of post tumor/cancer “thrivership.”
it should be interesting to see what happens next!
there were different catalysts for each transformation:
- discovered beer
- wanted to directly help people and become a physical therapist
- needed to become a professional
- got diagnosed with a golf-ball sized brain tumor
- realized there is a need to educate healthcare professionals about brain tumor survivorship
- realized that ALL TYPES of newly diagnosed tumor/cancer patients and ALL our loved ones need to UNITE and FIGHT these horrible diseases
- realized that in other parts of the world, a tumor/cancer diagnosis is perceived as a “hopeless death sentence” 🙁 TIME TO FIGHT THAT STIGMA AROUND THE GLOBE… ask me how we’ll do this 😉